This church is dedicated to St Andrew. This is the only Grade 1, Listed Building in the group. It was designed by the nationally famous architect Robert Adam and opened in Easter 1770. The quality of its proportioning surpasses anything that modern architects are able to achieve. Taking the form of a Doric Temple, it has a prominent portico. The inside is laid out like a chapel as there are no aisles or chancel. The decorative plaster-work and joinery is outstanding – designed in a style that harks back to the previous Palladian style. The churchyard is still used for burials and the interment of ashes.
The church lies within Gunton Park just to the east of the A140 from Norwich to Cromer
Because the church is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust, services are limited to Christmas, Easter and Harvest with baptisms, weddings and funerals when appropriate.
The parishes of Hanworth and Gunton have been combined into one congregation, the church of St Andrew, Gunton being used 3 times a year at Christmas, Easter and Harvest.