What do we do?
As you would expect Sundays are a big part of what we do including church services.
Sunday services are held in most churches twice a month, the most notable exceptions being Gunton and Bessingham. Gunton is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust and our regular services are limited to Christmas, Easter and Harvest. Bessingham comes under the care of the Norwich Diocesan Churches Trust and services are similarly infrequent.
The normal pattern of Sunday Services is:
- 1st and 3rd Sundays, Sustead and Roughton
- 2nd and 4th Sundays, Hanworth and Felbrigg
- 5th Sundays are used for a Benefice service to which members of all congregations are welcome.
We have a mid-week service on Wednesdays at 9:30am in Metton.
For more details look under each church “Church Activities” page and/or the “For your diary” page.
In common with most churches within the Church of England we follow the set readings and prayers for each Sunday in the year. We use weekly sheets with these readings and prayers. You can go to the “Weekly Sheets” to see current sheets.
The rest of the week
But we are involved in many other activities throughout the week and the year. These include:
- Twice a month a team goes into St David’s Nursing Home in Sheringham to conduct a short service for residents and staff.
- Bible Study and Prayer, both personal and communal.
- Quilting and crafts.
- Mothers’ Union.
- Working closely with the Roughton, St Mary’s Voluntary Aided School
- Open the Book.
- Services in church to mark the school year.
- Messy Church
- Easter Experience & Christmas Experience
- Other projects as agreed between the school and church
- Providing and encouraging Governors for the school.
- Administering the Robert Brown Trust.
- A Garden Party in the summer.
- A monthly magazine (The Ambassador).
If you would like to know more about any of the above, or would like to join us, why not get in touch via the “Get in Touch” page?